Saturday, May 16, 2015

Managing Change


Change to some is looked at as an opportunity while change to others is not always a welcome thing.  How you define the change and manage it is the key.
Since I decided to move forward in small steps I made the following changes to my eating habits.
I change out the vegetable spray for coconut oil spray which I purchased from Trader Joe's because it was the cheapest there.
I had early on changed out the butter for Earth Balance Organic Whipped Buttery Spread.  Today I switched that out for Earth Balance Coconut Spread.  Coconut products are just starting to hit the main stream stores so they can be kind of pricey.  So find the stores in your area that carry what your looking for and then comparison shop.  Some products are cheaper when you purchase them on line if you can find a site that doesn't bury you with shipping and handling.
When you go thru the recipe read the direction before you purchase the ingredients so you insure you get the right form of that ingredient.
For instance Full Fat Coconut Milk,  I spent a great deal of time scouring the dairy section along with where they keep the shelf stable products only to find out that this particular form of coconut milk comes in a can and is found in the aisle where they keep the goya products or in the international aisle.

No comments:

Post a Comment